SaveMyAss

From the guys who brought you Evite and HotorNot comes SaveMyAss.

If you're a successful professional whose career demands the bulk of your time, you know the problem. You want her to be happy, but you're busy and it's hard to be on top of flowers when you have deals closing, decks to finish, or code to debug. Sign up for this service once, and we'll take care of the rest. She'll be happy, you'll be happy.

This sounds vaguely familiar. Hasn't this been done before?

From: Anniversary Flower
Anniversary Flower
Excerpt: To go straight there, click here Our professional and courteous designers willflowers in many different categories including a sec...
Tracked: July 30, 2006 8:47 AM

Comments

A $5 service fee for what you could otherwise do with any calendar service/program and any online flower shop?

Andrew on September 22, 2005 8:43 PM

Reminds me of RedEnvelope's original name: 911Gifts.com

They had to change the name once women began seeing the name on the receipts... :)

Jarid on September 23, 2005 9:18 AM

What about this site makes you think that this deserves a mention on your blog?

Remember Kazaa.com? Same thing - we have all the bankers and consultants as customers. Come use us. Well - first question at a BCG interview is market sizing and consultants and bankers and even overworked engineers and Product managers are not a big enough market. The world does not revolve around the yuppies in NYC and SFO. What a waste.

PP on September 25, 2005 4:59 PM

Actually, we intend to make it more general, not just targeting bankers and other yuppies. Interestingly, my feeling is we are getting more traction from normal people, which is nice since the reason I went the entrepreneurship route was to not become a yuppie.. lol.

regarding the fact that you can do what we help you do by yourself.. if you're the type that does, then you don't need our service. It turns out a lot of people, left to their own devices, are just plain bad at doing it and need the help though.. kindof like how i would pay a fortune to anyone that can help me do my laundry. seriously. help.

james hong on September 27, 2005 10:51 PM

SAVEMYASS sucks !!!! They screwed up my anniversary flowers, then acted as if it was no big deal. NO BIG DEAL???!!! I don't recall registering for MAKE A LAME EXCUSE -Dot-com. !!!!!

geoff on March 31, 2006 11:06 PM

Geoff,

I must admit, I'm shocked by your comments above. After we resolved your issue by issuing an immediate full refund and explaing/apologizing for the error, you sent me an email praising me for my response and the fact that we were so willing to admit an error on our part (as in any business, especially a new one, mistakes are bound to be made on occasion. Over time, they have been worked out).

So it is with great disappointment that I find you've now changed your tune and have decided to start disparaging our service on blog posts everywhere.

What happened to you is rare, and while it is no surprise that the people who are affected by the infrequent glitch are going to be extremely upset, we're confident (based on our customer retention rate and the positive feedback we get from customers when we solicit suggestions) that the service we are providing is of tremendous value to our customers.

As for your issues being no big deal to us, I have no idea what gave you that impression, and I'm baffled that you write this given the communication you and I had at the time when you praised my response.

In any case, I'm sure there is nothing I can say or do at this point to persuade you to feel otherwise, but I do think it's important that I at least respond to your comments openly, at the very least to show you that we do care and that to us, customer service IS a big deal.

James Hong on May 4, 2006 10:23 PM