McAfee wants to come home to America, maybe England

John McAfee believes he cannot ever return to Belize and wants to come home to America, or perhaps England, he said in an online video posted on his blog,

In a pair of videos from a Guatemalan immigration detention center, the 67-year-old Silicon Valley software said he and his 20-year-old girlfriend, Sam, hope not to return to Belize where McAfee is sought as a “person of interest” in the killing of his neighbor and where McAfee alleges wide-spread government corruption including “judicial executions, bribery, extortion” — from the “lowest level to the highest.”

The international attention on McAfee’s run from Belizean authorities following the death of his neighbor, Gregory Viant Faull, has hurt the Belizean tourism industry, he said, which accounts for more than 70 percent employment.

“The government was mad at me before,” McAfee said. “They are seriously mad at me now. There is no hope for my life if I am ever to return to Belize. I can never return to Belize. … If I am returned, bad things will clearly happen to me.”

The relationship between Belize and Guatemala is poor, McAfee said, so “my presence here is an embarrassment.”

In response to a question from a journalist, McAfee said the first thing he would do in America is sit down with his best friend in Portland and “have a cup of coffee and chat and just enjoy myself.”

McAfee repeated his assertion that he had nothing to do with Faull’s death and also said he has not had a drink or taken drugs in more than 30 years and has paid “tens of millions of dollars” in U.S. taxes over the years.

McAfee did not care for Faull, however, because Faull “drank heavily” and McAfee does not hang around with people who are drinking.

“I barely knew the man,” McAfee said. “I had spoken perhaps 50 words to him over a period of five years. I did not particularly care for him, I will be frank.”

In response to a question about his health, McAfee said that he was taken from the detention center last week after having little to eat or drink in the previous two days.

But he had been “smoking almost non-stop” for the first time in years. And when he stood up, he passed out, hit his head on a wall and “woke up to confusion. I’m fine now.”




Share this Post